Essential Jewelry: Bauble Shop

Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Cup Overflows


LacyBella creates vinyl wall decals including this one.
What a wonderful reminder of God's love in such a stylish way.  
God's love is unconditional. He loves us regardless of what we do or how we act. Although His heart aches when we make bad choices, and delights when we follow His plan- He loves us the same either way. We can't do anything to make Him love us any more or any less. 
He loves us, each of us- even when we are living in sin- so much that he sent His son to DIE to save us. 
My cup overflows today because God chose to bless me more than I could ever imagine. God doesn't reward our obedience with more love, but His blessings are our reward. 
Bricks & Baubles is a part of a dream for me. A dream to someday be able to work solely from home so that I can be home with my children (the ones I haven't had yet) and focus on raising Godly children who are different enough to make a difference in the world. 
I leaped into Bricks & Baubles as a vague idea to help people have more stylish homes because I had already been the go-to gal for most of my friend's homes. I have recently been burdened with how to do this without encouraging people to become more "stuff focused." I think there is more to home making than the pretty finishes, even though that is fun and can make you feel more comfortable in your home, the keeping-up-with-the-Jones' mentality has proven to be an unattainable goal and ineffective way to achieve happiness or fulfillment. A pretty house will not make your husband love you more, or your children behave. I want to help you have a stylish home that is well balanced and hopefully focused on God first, and style as an added bonus.  It is not just about the baubles (the pretty ornamental decorations) it is also about the bricks- the foundation and strength of our home. 
I believe that in following God's prompting and posting the 14 day love challenge, He has blessed me more than I could have imagined. I feared people might be put off by the Bible verses- after all you are probably here to look at pretty stuff for your house. At first I thought, okay God, I'll do it, but I am going to cloak your word in a cute DIY project, but I was convicted about this too. What good does this blog do if all I ever do is encourage you to have more and more pretty stuff (especially if it causes you to go into debt for the perfect couch). It all will eventually get outdated, end up in a thrift store, and turn to dust. So because I finally chose to follow God's prompting to be a different kind of Home Decor Blog, He blessed me. First with little encouragements like re-pins on Pinterest, then people texting me and telling me they enjoyed reading about it. Then he started blessing my business. Not like I'm quitting my day job yet, but little encouragements that if I let Him be in control He will bless me beyond my dreams for this blog or my home styling business. My cup overflows. So in addition to getting organized, and saving more money- this home styling blog will also be about Jesus. My Jesus- the one who loves you so much he died to save you... after all, without Him I am just sending you chasing after the wind for more stuff that will never change your life or how you live. 
 “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock."
Matthew 7:24-25  
anthropologie.com


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...