Essential Jewelry: Bauble Shop

Friday, February 24, 2012

Perfect Timing

Pottery Barn
WD finished coaching his winter sport last Saturday, and I was SO excited to get my Hubby back. I had visions of date nights, dinner before 7, and renting movies.  Fortunately, though, God's timing is always perfect.
I got a call on Sunday with an offer to do some illustrating for a new home decor line. I knew there would be a short timeline before the client needed the work, but I love a challenge.
Monday night I got the full proposal and immediately got to work. My wheels were spinning with creative visions. I work best at night, because my brain doesn't wake up immediately in the morning, so it is very easy for me to get on a project and stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning. I was so excited to flex my creative muscles because my artwork has been in a bit of a dry spell lately. I haven't been able to paint for over a year (lack of desire/inspiration), so my only creative outlet has been home styling. Styling is so fulfilling, but it's different because the parameters are somewhat limited.
So this week I have been working non-stop, from the time I get up until I go to work. I go to bed long after WD has retired for the evening. So I feel like I have been running a creative marathon. The funny thing is - it's been invigorating! I wholeheartedly believe has been super natural strength given to me because of my obedience. The company I've been designing for is a Christian home decor company. I know it was not a coincidence that all this is happening at the same time, nor should I be surprised that I have been able to handle it all. "I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength"- Philippians 4:13.
And the best part of all, since WD was not coaching this week, he cooked me dinner and kept up the house so I could stay focused on my work. He is a WONDERFUL husband! Since my deadline was earlier tonight, this post didn't make it before midnight.
God's timing is always perfect- especially if it is not what we have in mind.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...