Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful for a Home

Today I am grateful to have a home.

The Lord protected me, my husband, and my home as tornados touched down in Auburn today. I had no idea how serious it was because the part of town I work in was virtually unaffected, but only 2 miles away I have heard homes and cars are destroyed.

 Many Auburn students live in trailers, and the tornado went right through Wire Rd., where most of the  trailer parks are.
Then it hopped over to Auburn High School where WD was in the hallway with the students. About 50 yards from his classroom, the baseball field was destroyed and many of the students cars. 


If you look closely you can see where a few cars were picked up and relocated in this shot. Thankfully the students and faculty were all safe. 
 I know this post is a little off topic, but it just didn't feel right to post about decorative items today, since people not far from here lost their homes today. I am praying people are safe.