Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Love Lamps

I love lamps, and I really have an obsession with buying lamps and giving them a new life. I bought this awesome pineapple lamp for $10. It was brass and I painted it in a high gloss black. 
 This lamp was $5, and it just needed a new shade. I recovered this drum shade with a piece of vintage sheet. 
 Last week I thrifted this Mid Century Lamp for $15. I love its wood base! Perfect as-is. 
This brass, resin, marble, and dangly crystal lamp was my first conversion. It was great before, but now it is so fabulous!
SO I recently thrifted this lamp for $7 because its lines seemed very promising. 
I decided it needed to be a high gloss white. When painting brass it is best to prime first. 
Prime one or two thin layers of white, then add a gloss layer of white. 
Add one fantastic purple shade and TA - DA!