Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mad about Retro Style

Pop Culture is all a buzz with the sixties. As I have mentioned before, I have been enamored with the 1960s long before AMCs Mad Men. My husband and I recently bought our first home, and because he loves me so much, he agreed to buy the 1968 brick ranch. I just love everything about it.... except that it presents a bit of a decorating dilemma for me. I have quite a collection of antique Mid Century Modern (MCM) furniture, but with the MCM architecture I have to make sure to keep my house contemporary enough that it doesn't look like I'm living in maw maw's house and there should be plastic on the sofa. 
retrorenovation.com This home owner used MCM furniture and a more contemporary color scheme. 
I just love the moldings on the walls in the house above. The home owner did that himself!!
I thought I would include a peek into my new house today. So you can see how I have blended my love of  Mid Century Style into my modern life. 
I call this my Kitschy Kitch
 


 The dining room is now dedicated to my china Lenox Chirp.
I love how the dining room chair re-do turned out and I am very proud of my homemade table runner. (the kitchen chairs are the before)

Check back tomorrow for the before and afters. 

This is not an advertisement, paid or sponsored review. I do not endorse watching these shows, you should research their content on your own before deciding to watch them.