Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Resurrected Candle Stick Collection

Last year when I began styling our apartment, lovingly referred to as 816, I was spending a lot of time pickin' at our local thrift stores and garage sales. My milk glass collection flourished and I began a small collection of brass and stainless steel candle holders purchased for around $1 each. I painted them white to help tone down all the bold color choices in the art and fiesta ware I had displayed in the dining room.
I did not do a very good job spraying them white, which meant I never really loved them. When we moved they were stuck in a drawer in the buffet until tonight. I decided to resurrect these dead and forgotten candle sticks, and give them another show of life.
 look WD I protected the concrete!
I placed the candle sticks in a shirt box and began spraying them. I used the larger piece of cardboard to protect the horizontal spray so I wouldn't paint my back door... or the house. This is after 2 coats and turning them upside down once. I am sure there will be a few more spots to mend in the light of day tomorrow. 



Pin It