Friday, December 2, 2011

Kitschy Christmas

Last year the whole apartment was decorated in kitschy, retro Christmas. This year I used it all in the Kitschen.

There are a lot of special and sentimental items in this room. The aluminum tree was my great grandmother's. I have the color wheel too, but it makes me very nervous- fire hazard.
The blow mold Santa reminds me of my favorite Christmas decorations as a child. My Nana and Papaw had Santa's Sleigh and the reindeer on their roof when I was very small, later on they only made it to the yard, and then when they moved, SOMEONE threw them away! I have spent every Christmas Eve and Night at my Nana and Papaws, so all this memories are very special to me. Many of my other decorations were gifts from loved ones attics.... often with a "seriously, you want this?"
I made my tree skirt last year. WD thinks I made the angel look like me... maybe I did.