Sunday, April 15, 2012

Fiesta Fiesta!


This weekend I threw a Fiesta Fiesta for my next door neighbor and best friend since 4th grade, Mallory. She threw me a Fiesta Fiesta when I was getting married, which is why I have such a huge collection of FiestaWare.
My mom and I threw the shower at my her house, I cooked Mexican food, and served most of it on FiestaWare. 
 Since we don't drink, we served Mock-a-Ritas, which were a delicious and HUGE hit! (2 parts Limeade [or more for a sweeter taste] + 1 Part Orange Juice + 1 Part Grapefruit Juice + Shaved Ice & a Salty Rim).
Sopapilla Cheesecake was also such a big hit that the plate was half gone before I remembered to take a picture!
Mallory received a wide variety of FiestaWare and other Fabulous gifts. 

I made her these three Papel Picados with Photoshop + Silhouette! 
(Mallory studied abroad in Spain and speaks fluent spanish.) 
Ephesians 5:24-25

24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her


Oh, and here is the invitation I designed.  If you would like to download the free printable invitation JPG or PDF
We had SO much fun throwing this shower. I think my mom and I may really have a knack for it! I love to cook and entertain, but it is sometimes hard to circle the room, make sure everyone is connecting and having a good time, while keeping the kitchen running. So it was really nice to only have one of those responsibilities!