Thursday, April 12, 2012

Obsessive Spring Clean Out

After catching up on Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis this morning, I felt motivated to overhaul my house - well, all the secret rooms you have never seen...the rooms I don't even like my family to see.  In our family, the term for these rooms is "the red rooms."  When I was in college, my roommate painted her room red and after she moved out, her room became my secret hoarder room - anything without a home lived there, and when company was coming over, I just picked up, threw it in there, and shut the door. Then when I graduated, I threw the random stuff randomly in boxes, labeled them "red room," and moved them into storage - where they lived for 3 years. Needless to say, when I got married unpacking those boxes was incredibly frustrating to my family and embarrassing to me.  
My frustrations over certain rooms in our current house are nothing like that. I was just unsatisfied with my organization plan in certain spaces because I did not feel that everything had a place. Some things were in a place, but not a pretty place. So 'obsessive spring clean out' commenced this morning. I cleaned out WD's closet, purged half of my wardrobe (which lives on rolling racks in my studio - not pretty), rearranged some furniture, and re-organized the laundry room. It felt so liberating. We are leaving to go out of town tomorrow, so I will hopefully be able to post your some more photos of my house - the unseen rooms- next week.