Tuesday, May 8, 2012

"Moters" Day Gifts

Do you remember making a present for your mom/grandmother at school for Mother's Day? I don't know about you, but my mom still has most of those little trinkets including a flower pot that I proudly decorated with "Happy Moters Day." 
Although she doesn't use it on a daily basis, (she still has to correct my spelling daily) she does still use these little jewelry jars I made at home one year. 
I made them about 15 years ago out of face cream containers and scraps of ribbon. 
They have a little piece of felt inside and fit earrings or small jewelry items you don't want to get tangled. Encourage your children's creativity by continuing to use their gifts as long as possible. The Big Mac container covered in wrapping paper did not survive after many years, but that was only because she carried it proudly on many trips. Your kids may think these items are cheesy when they're 16, but they will think it's incredibly sweet when they're 26 (and have a fully formed frontal lobe.)