Monday, November 21, 2011

I FEEL LIKE THE LADY IN THE TARGET COMMERCIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The holiday spirit makes me very productive! In the last 48 hours I have completed numerous projects that were on my long term to-do list: deadline Christmas. WD and i decided to plus the mantle shelf into a completely different animal... well at lease a different species... sorry for the delay... just watching paint dry around here.
So what have I been up to? Well basically just the jewelry styling of yesterdays post, an organized tool space in the laundry room...  oh and I made some drapes, painted the mantle, and sewed some stockings.
My house looks like a crafting crime scene.

STOCKINGS!
I am planning on having a Whimsical Winter Wonderland themed Christmas, so I started with the stockings made in raw canvas. Burlap would have been cute too, but I already had this canvas left over from a few other projects. I traced the pattern with a China Marker on the canvas, but chalk or a pencil would have worked too.

FYI: It was originally a giant canvas drop cloth.  I have used it to upholster my ottoman, stretch for paintings, and now fabulous holiday decor.
 The instructions were really simple and easy to follow especially since the stitch is exposed. 
 Then I used some left over fabric from my drapes as the trim. Very Sound of Music of me. They were cute when they were finished, but looked a little impersonal. So a sequined initial it is!
 These letters took a really long time, but I love the way they look. You can't really tell in these pictures, but those are the clear iridescent sequins. Mokie is Very Excited about his stocking as well.
He really has the Christmas Spirit!