Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Reclaimed Furniture

Mallory is getting married this summer (the friend I threw the Fiesta Fiesta for), and I am styling her WHOLE house! I have a pretty tight budget, but she said I could do WHATEVER I wanted - which is an awesome freedom. Our inspiration is Anthropologie: specifically the reclaimed, casual, brightly colored, curated feel their spaces have. I am furnishing her whole bedroom (she bought the bed I picked out, but it did not have to come out of my budget), and styling the rest of her house. The furniture has to come first in my purchases because I needed to know how much money I would have left for art/accessories/lighting. I will be finding reclaimed (thrift store/flea market) furniture and giving it new life. 
I bought these end tables for $25 each. I plan on painting them a Lagoon Teal Color. All of her reclaimed furniture will be this color because, if you don't have to keep it forever, you might as well have fun with it!

Here is a little Anthropologie inpiration for Eclectic Modern Style. Such a nice balance of raw materials and color to give the room a put together, yet casual feel. 
Anthropologie
Anthropologie
Anthropologie